For individuals associated with an IBICA member clubhouse, conference registration is only $125.
The conference registration fee for non-IBICA members is $150.00.
20th Annual IBICA Conference
Thursday, Oct 5th -Friday Oct 6th, 2023
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Join us IN PERSON for our annual IBICA conference. Learn best practices from other clubhouse communities and meet members, staff members and family members from brain injury clubhouse communities around the country!
Wednesday, October 4th, 2023 (Pre-Conference)
Thursday, October 5th
Designated Member Clubhouse Representatives will give a 2-3 minute introduction and update.
Presented by the Mill House (Richmond, VA) and Side by Side Clubhouse (Stone Mountain, GA)
- Building Healthy Relationships to Support Behavioral Challenges– Fernandas Robinson, MA, Certified Instructor of the Mandt System, Side by Side
- Utilizing Self-Study and Action Plan to Strengthen a Standards-Based Work Ordered
Day– Joe Craig, Mill House and Cindi Johnson, IBICA Executive Director
- Person Centered Planning- A Natural Fit for Clubhouse!– Dan LaValla, Beechwood
Clubhouse and James Vann, The BridgeLine Place
- Game On! Share Ideas for Clubhouse Socials and Games– Terrance Holley and Katiey
Hamblen, Denbigh House
Participants will pay for their own individual dinner out.
Friday October 6th, 2023
Presented by Drew Nagele, PsyD along with staff and members from Denbigh House and Gateway Clubhouse
- IBICA Annual Meeting- At least one representative from each clubhouse required. The Annual Meeting will
also be broadcast live via Zoom.
- Staying Connected Across the Miles– Terrance Holley and the Katherines of Denbigh House and
Box lunch provided.
This year in Virginia Beach, Virginia!
Our hosting clubhouse, the Beacon House, is conveniently located 10 minutes from our conference location in Norfolk, Virginia. Click here to learn more about the Beacon House.
5145 East Virginia Beach Boulevard
Norfolk, VA 23502
The conference is cohosted by Community Brain Injury Services. Community Brain Injury Services operates two brain injury clubhouses- The Denbigh House in Newport News, VA and The Mill House in Richmond, VA. Click here to learn more about Community Brain Injury Services.