The Clubhouse: Addressing Work-Related Behavioral Challenges Through a Supportive
Harvey E. Jacobs, PhD
Go to previous page
- Brooks N, McKinaly W, Symington C, Beattie A, Campsie I. Return to work within the
first seven years of head injury. Brain Injury.
- Jacobs HE. The Los Angeles head injury survey: Procedures and initial findings.
Arch Phys Med Rehab, 1988;69:425-431.
- Jellinek HM, Harvey R. Vocational/educational services in a medical rehabilitation
facility: Outcomes in spinal cord and brain injured patients.
Arch Phys Med Rehab, 1982;63:87 88.
- Kaplan SP. Social support, emotional distress, and vocational outcomes among persons
with brain injuries. Rehab Couns Bul,
- Thomsen IV. Late outcome of very severe blunt head trauma: A 10 - 15 year second
follow-up. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiat,
- Catalano R, Dooley D, Jackson R. Economic predictors of admissions to mental health
facilities in non metropolitan areas. J Health
Soc Beh, 1981;22:284 297.
- Dooley D, Catalano R. Economic change as a cause of behavioral disorder. Psych Bul,
- Kay T. Selection and outcome criteria for community-based employment: Perspectives,
methodological problems and options. In Thomas DF, Menz, FD, McAlees DC, eds. Community-Based Employment Following Traumatic
Brain Injury. Menomonie, WI: Research and Training Center, University
of Wisconsin-Stout, 1993.
- Thomas DF, Menz FE. Functional assessment of vocational skills and behaviors of
persons with brain trauma injuries. J Voc Rehab,
- Kaplan SP. Five-year tracking of psychosocial changes in people with severe traumatic
brain injury. Rehab Couns Bul, 1993;36(3):151-159.
- Millis SR, Rosenthal M, Lourie IF. (1994). Predicting community integration after
traumatic brain injury with neuropsychological measures.
Int J Neurosci 1994;79(34):165-167.
- Ulicny GR. Behavior management of persons with head injuries in community-based
vocational settings: New challenges for professionals. In Thomas DF, Menz, FD, McAlees
DC, eds. Community-Based Employment Following
Traumatic Brain Injury. Menomonie, WI: Research and Training Center,
University of Wisconsin-Stout, 1993.
- Corthell DW (ed.). Employment Outcomes
for Persons With Acquired Brain Injury. Menomonie, WI: Research and Training
Center, University of Wisconsin-Stout, 1993.
- Nagele DA, Jenkins BR, Steiner SL. Keeping persons with head injury working: New
strategies to assure supported employment retention.
Final Grant Report, Philadelphia: MossRehab Hospital: 1993.
- Anderson SB. Mental Illness and Normal
Life: Fountain House and the Development of Clubhouse Culture. New York:
- Beard JH, Malamud TJ, Rossman E. Psychiatric rehabilitation and long term rehospitalization
rates: The findings of two research studies.
Schiz Bul, 1978:4, 622 635.
- Beard JH, Propst Rn, Malamud TJ. The Fountain House model of psychiatric rehabilitation.
Psych Rehab J, 1982:1, 47-53.
- DeMello C, Jacobs HE The Clubhouse Model, Part I: Origins and Basic Philosophy.
TBI Challenge! National Head Injury
- Jacobs HE, DeMello C. The Clubhouse Model Part II: Applications Following Brain
Injury. TBI Challenge! National
Head Injury Foundation, 1994;2(4).
- Jacobs HE, DeMello C. The Clubhouse Model Part III: Designing a Clubhouse. TBI Challenge! National Head Injury Foundation,
- Jacobs HE, DeMello C. The Clubhouse Model Part IV: Clubhouse Standards. TBI Challenge! National Head Injury Foundation,
- Jacobs HE, DeMello C. The Clubhouse model and employment following brain injury.
J Voc Rehab, 1996;7: 169-179.
- Bilby, R. Transitional employment: Pointers, problems, politics, and practices.
In R. Vorspan (Ed..) Clubhouse Papers: Selected
Papers form the Seventh International Seminar of the Clubhouse Model.
New York: International Center for Clubhouse Development; 1993.
- Haffey WJ, Abrams D. Employment outcomes for participants in a brain injury work
re-entry program: Preliminary finding. J Head
Trauma Rehab, 1991;6 (3), 24-34.
- Wehman P, Kreutzer J, Stonnington HH, Wood W, Sherron P, Diambra J, Fry R, Groah,
C. Supported employment for persons with traumatic brain injury: A preliminary report.
J Head Trauma Rehab, 1988;3:82-94.
- Wehnman P, Kreutzer J, Wood W, Stonnington H, Diambra J, Morton MV. Helping traumatically
brain injured patients return to work with supported employment: Three case studies.
Arch Phys Med Rehab, 1989;70:109-112.
- Wehman P, Kreutzer JS, West MD, Sherron PD, Zasler ND, Groah CH, Stonnington HH,
Burns CT, Sale PR. Return to work for persons with traumatic brain injury: A supportive
employment approach. Arch Phys Med Rehab.
Go to previous page
Click here to view or download the entire document in PDF format
You will need Adobe® Acrobat® Reader to view PDF documents.
here to download a free copy from the Adobe Web site
Back to the top